South Austin Areas
- Southwest of Downtown Austin, 78745 zip code offers close proximity to popular Austin attractions and amenities.
The quickly-developing Sunset Valley area is within the 78745 zip code. Other neighborhoods include Flournoy Acres, Cherry Meadows, Grand Oaks, Cherry Creek, Southampton Hills, and more.
- South Austin, 78748 zip code is just west of I-35, this area has a wealth of home styles, prices, and sizes for new home-buyers.
Neighborhoods include Manchaca Gardens, Southland Oaks, Buckingham Estates, South Slaughter, Cherry Creek, Onion Creek and more.
- South Central 78704 zip code just south of Downtown Austin, is the true herald of the "Keep Austin Weird" philosophy. Neighborhoods include South Congress, Bouldin Creek, Travis Heights, and Barton Hills.
The neighborhoods that surround Austin’s core share this in common: location, location, location. With easy access to downtown, and just about anything else in Austin, it’s no wonder that demand for housing in these charming neighborhoods tends to remain high, regardless of the market.
The areas just north of the University of Texas campus have a wonderful neighborhood feel. Students, families, and retirees coexist in this tree-lined setting where you can find old Victorian homes mixed with 1950s cottages.
The interesting juxtaposition of modern architecture and trendy design against historic buildings and long-established neighborhood businesses helps to create a rich, authentically Austin vibe.
Depending on where you work, these neighborhoods will likely offer shorter commutes, and that means more time to hang out at Hancock Golf Course, the Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail, or explore the cultural and athletic scenes on the UT campus.
- Southeast Austin zip codes 78744 and 78747, encompasses a fairly large area including subdivisions such as East Riverside and rural towns just outside the city limits like Del Valle and Creedmoor. Home prices in Southeast Austin are generally more affordable than other areas due to the age of the homes. However, significant growth in Austin has caused a recent boom in Southeast Austin and much of the area has undergone major development. Brand-new condo communities and local businesses have emerged in Southeast Austin due to the affordable property and have turned the area into a very desirable place to live. Points of interest in the area include the Colorado Greenbelt, McKinney Falls State Park and the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
- Southwest Austin zip codes include 78735,78736,78739,78745,78748,78749 and 78752 .This the ideal location for those looking to live within a close proximity to downtown, but want the affordability and convenience of South Austin. Residents living in Southwest Austin are close to great outdoor recreational areas such as the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center and also excellent shopping areas like Barton Creek Mall and South Park Meadows. In Southwest Austin, you will find a wide variety of subdivisions to reside in as well as home prices to fit every budget. Here you will find newer neighborhoods such as Austin’s largest and most desirable community, Circle C, as well as older, established neighborhoods such as Oak Hill. If you are searching for an area that combines the quirkiness of the city with quiet, safe neighborhoods, Southwest Austin is just the place for you. Prominent neighborhoods in the area include Legend Oaks, Circle C, Western Oaks, Maple Run, Oak Park, Deer Haven and Heights at Loma Vista.
Compliments of Austin relocation guide 2017. Maps and descriptions Compliments of Austin Neighborhood guide .Max Leaman Team. 9390 Research Boulevard #2-200 | Austin, TX 78759.
South Austin Areas Properties
About the Neighborhood
© 2020 Austin Board of REALTORS®. All rights reserved.
Any home sales data appearing on this page is obtained from public record sources (or estimates, for non-disclosure states) as provided by OnBoard, LLC and does not comprise an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This information should not be used to replace a professional appraisal nor to determine the price of a particular property.